The majority of commercial transactions have a tax element and these tax considerations often impact and guide the outcome of a transaction. As corporations react to the global economic crisis, tax efficient structures have become more crucial.
The award winning Pekin & Pekin Tax team leaves regular compliance support to accounting firms and instead focuses on more complex cases, giving clients direct practical and innovative advice. Legal assistance is provided on a standalone basis or as part of ongoing transactions in the main practice areas of Corporate Finance, Project Finance, M&A and Capital Markets. Moreover, the Tax team provides legal assistance in major Dispute Resolution cases, involving representing clients in out-of-court settlement negotiations with the Tax Authority and advising on all phases of tax litigation.
Representative clients include leading investment and commercial banks, corporate clients and private equity companies.
The range of services includes:
- Tax controversy and dispute resolution,
- Representation and advisory on all phases of tax inspections; including report evaluation committee, conciliation before tax assessment commission and conciliation after tax assessment commission,
- Drafting and application of advance ruling request before tax authorities,
- Representation of the taxpayers before Revenue Administration,
- Tax-free merger, spin offs and share exchange transactions,
- International tax services and consultancy,
- Tax legal advisory services,
- Taxation of cross-border mergers & acquisitions and other transactions,
- Taxation of corporate, project and structured finance,
- Taxation of capital markets transactions,
- International debt and equity issues (including loan participation notes, mortgages and asset-backed securities),
- Islamic finance structures (including murabaha and sukuk notes),