Pekin & Pekin has a strong Banking & Finance practice team with an un-matched regulatory and transactional experience. The team covers the full range of work both on the banking and finance sides. The team is the undisputed leader in Türkiye in this area, and are particularly well known for first-of-a-kind deals.
On the banking side, the team acts for a range of local and international banks, assisting them with regulatory queries and other operational matters.
On the finance side, the team advises on many of the most significant transactions in the market, including bilateral and syndicated loans, leveraged finance, real estate finance, project finance, acquisition finance and the growing area of Islamic finance.
The team offers deep-rooted specialization in the area of banking & finance. Pekin & Pekin were the first firm in Türkiye to work on significant cross-border financings, and its dedicated team remains the first port of call for clients involved in the most sophisticated deals on the market.
The team provides clients with legal assistance on a wide range of matters including but not limited to:
- Banking & Finance Dispute Resolution
- Debt/Financial Restructuring
- Financial Services
- Investment Funds & Structures
- Islamic Finance
- Leveraged & Acquisition Finance
- Notes Offerings
- Payment Services
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Project Financing
- Real Estate Financing
- Regulatory Banking & Capital Markets
- Regulatory M&As and Company Incorporations
The Regulatory practice team provides clients subjects to Capital Markets Board and Banking Regulatory Supervision Agency legislation on a range of issues:
- Compliance with the complex regulatory environment
- Structuring and filing public offerings in the Turkish market
- Offerings of Turkish companies in international and European markets
- Launching Turkish and foreign funds and the registration of the same with the CMB and all necessary follow-up procedures
- Commercial and investment banking, and investment advice
- Asset management brokerage and custody business
- Licensing and registration requirements
The team is also heavily involved in regulatory filings and cross-border direct and indirect M&As ad splits where one of the parties is a local bank or financial institutions.
The Scope of work generally extends to:
- Filing and preparing regulatory applications and notifications
- Obtaining the necessary permissions, approvals and concerns
The incorporation of financial institutions and banks is also within the scope or the Firm. Pekin & Pekin has incorporated many first-of-a-kind regulated companies, and has been retained to advise on the conversation and acquisition of nearly all Turkish brokerage companies.